DEADLINE EXTENDED THROUGH APRIL 8, 2021
The Hi-Desert Nature Museum is putting out a challenge to the community.
Get inspired by the Art Quilts in the online exhibit “Stitching California” and design an Art Quilt with the Morongo Basin as your muse. Anything that makes the Morongo Basin special for you can be part of the design: plant and animal life, historical and cultural landmarks, or people and events.
All quilt designs will be judged by a panel of professional quilters.
The winning quilt design will be stitched by members of the local Cactus Sew-ables Quilt Guild and displayed with the name of the designer and quilter at the Hi-Desert Nature Museum. It will become part of the permanent collection of Morongo Basin Art and History at the museum.
Submission deadline is March 29, 2021. Winners will be notified by April 15, 2021.
How to submit your quilt design :
- You can design your quilt 36″ x 36″ or 24″ x 48″ (vertical or horizontal).
- Limit is two designs per participant.
- Use the provided graph paper for your design. Hint: Geometric shapes work best for quilts.
- Upload your quilt design as JPG, PNG or PDF.
- Quilt and patch lines are optional.
- Fill out the Title and Artist Statement Section and click Submit.